Pass to Class celebrates a milestone—one million bus rides taken by students since the program’s inception.
Metropolitan Community College and Metro have been teaming up with one another since Oct. 2009 to present Pass to Class, a program to encourage bus ridership with MCC students. This exciting program allows all MCC credit and GED students a Metro bus pass, valid for a quarter, that allows for rides to and from MCC locations and for other education-related purposes.
The program was started to help both MCC and Metro. MCC students have increased access to classes and locations and decreased parking congestion, and MCC is able to study student travel patterns. Metro is looking at ridership patterns and increasing their passengers. At the same time, this program is helping reduce single-occupancy vehicle trips and decrease emissions into the environment.
- The Pass to Class will be used for getting to and from MCC locations and for other education-related purposes.
- The Pass to Class is to be used only by the student enrolled in credit and GED classes at MCC. Use by someone other than the enrolled participant may result in termination from the program. Passes may not be transferred between individuals and will be deactivated upon voluntary or involuntary disenrollment from MCC classes.
- One Pass to Class pass will be issued at the start of each quarter; thereafter, the student is subject to a $25 fee for the replacement of any lost or stolen bus pass (only one replacement allowed).
- Students will be responsible for showing their MCC Student ID card along with their Pass to Class card when entering the bus. Students who do not have their MCC ID at time of service may be denied service.
- All Metro rules and regulations must be followed. Failure to abide by the Metro rules and regulations may result in termination from the program.
- See Helpful Tips & Rules for a printable version of Metro's Pass to Class information.
Who Is Eligible?
Any MCC student enrolled in credit classes are eligible for a Pass to Class good for the quarter of enrollment.
Where Can Passes Be Picked Up?
The passes can be picked up at any MCC Student Services at any time during the quarter. MOBY riders need to contact Disability Support Services on the Fort Omaha or South Omaha campus.
How Long Are the Passes Usable?
The bus cards are valid for one quarter; they will no longer work after the last day of class of the quarter.
What Happens If the Pass Is Lost
If a Pass to Class bus pass is lost, a replacement can be picked up at any Student Services for $25 and the old card will be deactivated (only one replacement allowed).
The Ins and Outs of Riding with Metro
Metro's website (www.ometro.com) provides the novice bus rider with information on how to plan a bus trip, reading schedules, identifying the right bus, hailing a bus, boarding, standing, fareboxes, transferring and exiting.
Passes can be picked up starting the Monday before classes begin and expire at midnight on the last day of classes.
Fall Quarter 2016
- Pick up passes starting Thursday, Aug. 29
Students enrolled in Fall quarter
- Passes deactivated – Monday, Nov. 21
All Fall passes will be deactivated at midnight.
Winter Quarter 2017
- Pick up passes starting Monday, Nov. 28
Students enrolled in Winter quarter
- Passes deactivated – Monday, Feb. 27
All Winter passes will be deactivated at midnight.
Spring Quarter 2017
- Pick up passes starting Friday, March 3
Students enrolled in Spring quarter
- Passes deactivated – Wednesday, May 24
All Spring passes will be deactivated at midnight.
Summer Quarter 2017
- Pick up passes starting Saturday, May 27
Students enrolled in the summer sessions
- Passes deactivated – Tuesday, Aug. 15
- All summer session passes will be deactivated at midnight.