Scholarships are provided to Metropolitan Community College students throughout the academic year. Scholarships criteria may be based on student financial need or on their academic progress. Students applying for scholarships based on financial need must have a completed FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) on file at the MCC Financial Aid Office.
Any student attending or planning to attend MCC, may apply for the Foundation and Private Scholarships offered through the MCC Foundation. Visit the Foundation's website for a complete list of scholarships and criteria offered by the MCC Foundation.
High school seniors and home-school students in the MCC four-county area can apply for the Board of Governors Graduating Senior Scholarship.
The Davis-Chambers Scholarship Program has been established to recognize academically-promising students from diverse backgrounds.
If you have successfully completed two MCC college level courses while in high school and are graduating in the current year, you may qualify for the Take It Further Scholarship.
MCC FOUNDATION AND PRIVATE SCHOLARSHIPS
The MCC Foundation's online scholarship application system, AwardSpring, is available during the application availability dates. Please visit the MCC Foundation's website for dates scholarship applications will be available. Students manage their own information, apply for multiple scholarships and check award status from any computer.
For Foundation and private scholarship questions, please contact Lisa Stepanek, scholarship coordinator.
MCC Board of Governors Graduating Senior Scholarship
The Board of Governors Graduating Senior Scholarship is awarded for two years (eight quarters) and will pay for tuition and fees at MCC for a maximum of 18 credits per quarter. Scholarship recipients are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, sex, religion or financial need.
- Be a graduating senior of a high school in Dodge, Douglas, Sarpy or Washington counties or be home-schooled.
- Be a resident of one of the four counties.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale, 3.43 on a 5.0 scale or be in the top 25 percent of the graduating class.
Applications from students who will complete high school during the 2017-18 school year will be accepted from *December 1, 2016 through February 15, 2017.
*Dates subject to change
- Complete and submit the Board of Governors Graduating Senior Scholarship electronic application at mccneb.edu/BOGGradSrSchol.
- Either upload a copy of your high school transcript and your essay as part of the electronic application or send them as e-mail attachments to BOGGradSrSchol@mccneb.edu.
(essay should be at minimum 250 words and maximum 500 words):
- Explain the goals you have established for yourself and your efforts to accomplish them. Provide examples that demonstrate support of your educational and career goals.
For more information: 531-MCC-2330
DAVIS-CHAMBERS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The Davis-Chambers Scholarship Program has been established to recognize academically-promising students from diverse backgrounds. The number of scholarships and amount of each scholarship varies according to the availability of funds and the financial need of the recipient(s). Amounts awarded by this scholarship can equal the full cost of college attendance. The Davis-Chambers Scholarship is acknowledged as one of Metropolitan Community College’s most important ways of honoring outstanding Nebraska students.
Download the application and submit prior to April 1, 2017.
Current outside scholarships
For a list of outside scholarships click here.
Other Scholarship Sites
Free Scholarship Search Sites
Information about Scholarship Scams