COVID-19 Information

3/29/2021 4:33:14 PM

We're here for you. MCC is here to support you this quarter with increased in-person capacity and safety protocols. Learn More.

Veterans Benefits


COVID-19 Student Help

We encourage you to visit our Military/Veterans Services website. Our mission is to serve active-duty, reserve and guard service members, as well as Veterans, spouses and qualified dependent studentsenabling them to succeed in their educational and career goals at Metropolitan Community College. Please visit the Military Veterans Services website for more information.

Veterans Education Benefits

MCC degrees, certificates and diplomas are submitted for approval by the State Approving Agency and Veterans Administration for use with military funding resources.

The Military/Veterans Services office provides advisory services relating to education benefits to VA-eligible students planning to enroll or currently enrolled at MCC. Forms and applications needed are available at the Veteran's application portal

Many Veteran students are eligible for more than one benefit. Before applying for any Veteran education benefit, it is recommended that students speak with our Veterans Certifying Officials at 531-MCC-4619 or email at

The following is a list of the current benefits available to Veteran students and their families.

Additionally, some branches of service offer tuition assistance and tuition reimbursement students can receive in conjunction with their VA benefits. Please see your military education office for more information.

To receive benefits, the entitled person must be in a specific program of study and be eligible to receive benefits.  Students can only receive benefits for courses required in that program. Students are required to attend all classes for which they are registered and maintain satisfactory academic progress. The eligible Veteran will normally receive a monthly check, which may vary in amount because it is determined by class length and rate of pursuit.

If possible, new Veteran students should apply for benefits 30 to 60 days prior to the start of the quarter they plan to attend. However, application can be made at any time during the quarter. Please retain a copy of your Application Verification Page to submit to MCC Veterans Certification Officers.  Students who have attended other institutions must request that official transcripts of credit earned at the institution(s) be sent directly to the Records Office for evaluation of prior credit into a current MCC program of study. Certain Veterans and Veterans’ dependents may be eligible for additional benefits which include work-study and tutorial services.

Note: The Department of Veteran Affairs determines final eligibility for all of the various VA education programs.

Veterans Benefits and Transition Act Addendum

Consistent with the Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018, Section 3679 of title 38, United States Code, Section 103, Metropolitan Community College will not impose any penalties due to the delayed disbursement of a payment by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs on recipients of Chapter 31 and Chapter 33 VA Benefits. Metropolitan Community College will permit any covered individual to attend or participate in the course of education during the period beginning on the date on which the individual provides Metropolitan Community College a certificate of eligibility for entitlement to educational assistance under chapter 31 or 33, and ending on the earlier of the following dates: 1) The date on which payment from the VA is made to the institution or 2) 90 days after the date the institution certified tuition and fees following the receipt of the COE (Certificate of Eligibility).

Additionally, Metropolitan Community College will not require that a covered individual borrow additional funds, on any covered individual because of the individual’s inability to meet his or her financial obligations to MCC due to the delayed disbursement of funding from the Department of Veterans Affairs under chapter 31 or 33. A Covered Individual is any individual who is entitled to educational assistance under chapter 31, Vocational Rehabilitation, or chapter 33, Post 9/11 GI Bill® benefits, and has been verified by the school certifying official as benefit eligible. This requirement is limited to the portion of funds paid by VA.

Enrollment Verification

All students who are receiving the Montgomery GI Bill® Chapter 30 or Selected Reserve Chapter 1606 must verify their enrollments monthly to receive payments. This verification can be done either by using the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) application on the GI Bill® website or by using the automated telephone system at 1-877-823-2378 and following the prompts. Please use your Social Security number to access WAVE or the telephone system.

Dropping Classes

If a VA student drops a course or withdraws from all classes, it is the student's responsibility to notify the Veterans Certifying Official at 531-MCC-4619. Courses dropped any time during the quarter, without mitigating circumstances, will result in an overpayment dating back to the first day of the quarter. Mitigating circumstances are defined as unavoidable and unsuspected events that directly interfere with the pursuit of a course and are beyond the student's control.

Transfer of Prior Credit

VA students are required to have all previous college course work evaluated toward their current MCC program. This evaluation will include any courses(s) taken at an approved educational institution, even if the course(s) was not paid for by VA. An official academic transcript(s) from all prior schools should be sent to the College's Records Office for this evaluation.

Who's eligible for Joint Services Transcripts:

Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps and Navy: Active Duty, Reserve and Veterans.  Servicemembers and Veterans may order Joint Services Transcripts by visiting the DoD Joint Services Transcript (JST) website.

What is a Community College of the Air Force Transcript:

Air Force servicemembers and Veterans are eligible to receive a Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) transcript documenting earned credit.  Servicemembers and Veterans may order CCAF transcripts by visiting the CCAF Transcripts website.

How do I submit a transcript from a prior college or university:

To submit a transcript from a prior college or university, visit the MCC Submit a Transcript webpage for submission address and email.


The Military/Veterans Services staff are always willing to meet with you personally to help you achieve your educational objectives. Working with you and the VA office, we will do our best to answer your questions and to assist you in meeting your educational goals.

E-Mail Us:

phone Numbers:

Veteran Financial Services: 531-MCC-4619
VA Regional Office for Nebraska: 888-442-4551


Military / Veterans Services – 2909 Edward Babe Gomez Ave. (30th and L streets), Connector Bldg.
Monday – Thursday: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. – noon

No appointment necessary.