COVID-19 Information

3/29/2021 4:33:14 PM

We're here for you. MCC is here to support you this quarter with increased in-person capacity and safety protocols. Learn More.

Enrollment Resources

Enrollment Requirements

Admission of International Students

The following conditions apply to students holding or applying for an F-1 student visa seeking enrollment at MCC.

  • All applicants are required to:
    • complete an international application for admission form;
    • provide proof of English proficiency* either by providing proof of successfully completing a comparable English composition course with a C or higher, taking the English/ESL Accuplacer Test, or taking the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The applicant is responsible for making early arrangements for the test via online registration at or writing to:

      TOEFL Services
      Educational Testing Services
      P.O. Box 6151
      Princeton, NJ 08541-6151, USA

      *Countries that are exempt from providing English proficiency proof are:
      • Australia
      • Canada (except Quebec)
      • Common Wealth Caribbean
      • Ireland
      • New Zealand
      • United Kingdom
    • provide an official copy of high school or college diploma or certification in the original language and with certified English translations;
    • submit a completed financial affidavit and a current (within six months) official bank statement or letter translated into English and in U.S. dollar equivalency;
    • sign a statement acknowledging that they will be enrolled in an international student health insurance policy identified by the College; and
    • provide a copy of their passport.
  • Applicants applying for a change to F-1 status need to meet with a designated school official in the International Enrollment office for additional requirements.
  • Applicants in the United States need to provide a copy of their visa and I-94 (front and back).
  • Applicants transferring from a language institution, college, or university in the United States are required to provide official transcripts from the respective school(s). Copies of all previous I-20s and employment authorization cards and the confidential record for transfer students form are required.
  • After admission, F-1 students take assessments in order to determine appropriate course placement.
  • F-1 students must register for 12 credit hours or more each quarter to stay in status, unless they have prior authorization from the International Enrollment office.
  • F-1 students are considered to be non-residents for tuition purposes.

For more information, visit, email, or call 531-622-2281.

International student health insurance

MCC requires all international students on F-1 visas purchase a health insurance policy through MCC. Students pay the insurance premiums to MCC prior to class registration, and MCC submits the premiums to the insurance company. Call 531-622-2281 or email for more information.

Early entry of high school students

In order to enroll at the College, high school students must:

  • be classified as a high school junior or at least 16 years of age;
  • have a minimum C average in high school subjects;
  • follow the enrollment policies and procedures of the College (i.e., assessment testing and prerequisite coursework); and
  • discuss enrollment with a parent/legal guardian and a high school official.

Students not meeting the above criteria who wish to enroll can submit an Early Entry Standard Enrollment form (available from any Student Services) and a written request stating the reason(s) they should be considered for enrollment. This form requires the signatures of the student's parent/legal guardian and the high school principal or designee. All Early Entry Standard Enrollment requests should be sent to:

Metropolitan Community College
Attn: Secondary Partnerships
P.O. Box 3777
Omaha, NE 68103-0777
Fax: 402-403-0828

Full-time vs. part-time status

Students enrolled in 12 or more credit hours during a quarter are considered full-time students. Students enrolled in less than 12 credit hours during a quarter are considered part-time students.

Students wishing to enroll in more than 25 credit hours need approval from a campus dean/executive director or Student Services director.

Transfer of credits from another institution

Students who wish to transfer credits from another college to MCC must provide official transcripts and declare a program of study so the incoming transcripts can be evaluated against the requirements for that program or degree. To mail official transcripts for evaluation, contact the school and have the transcript sent to:

Metropolitan Community College
Attn: Records office
P.O. Box 3777
Omaha, NE 68103-0777

Students may also hand deliver an official transcript from another institution to the Records Office on the Fort Omaha Campus, Building 5, or to an advisor or counselor at any location. The transcript must be in a sealed envelope from that institution.

Transcripts are required once students have met with an advisor and declared a major. For advisement questions, call 531-622-2400 to speak with a call center advisor or to schedule an appointment with an advisor.

Transcripts are typically evaluated on a course-by-course basis, so this evaluation cannot be done via email or over the phone. Courses not offered by MCC are not transferred in, nor are courses that are less in credit/quarter hours than the courses offered at MCC.

The following parameters are used to evaluate transcripts:

  • Institution must be accredited (MCC is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education)
  • Course content must be similar to MCC's
  • Grade of C or better must have been received
  • Credit hours must be equal
  • Courses are evaluated based on the program of study and general education requirements

If students change their academic program, a re-evaluation may be requested by completing a re-evaluation form. Please fill out the form here - Transcript Re-evaluation

NOTE: Due to content being regularly updated for the following courses, non-MCC courses are only accepted if they have been taken within a specific time frame. For INFO 1001, HIST 1020 and HIST 1120, courses need to have been taken within five years from the current catalog year.

Once transcripts are evaluated, postcards are sent to students informing them of the results. Students may also log onto their My Services account to view this information (under academic profile, unofficial transcripts).