Skip to main content

Course Equivalency, Transcript on File

Course Equivalency Search

Please visit Transfer Nebraska  to access the list of courses MCC accepts from other colleges/ universities.  The information on the Transfer Nebraska search is provided as a general guide and is continually updated.

Courses that do not meet the criteria for transfer may be brought in as a Prior Learning Assessment petition, based on a review by the program director and/or dean. Examples include: short on credit hours, short on content, or not an exact match to an existing course with MCC.

Transferring credit to mcc

Students who wish to transfer credits from another college to MCC must provide official transcripts from the institutions they previously attended and have a declared program of study with MCC. The transfer evaluation is based on the program the student is entering for the upcoming term.  

How to send a transcript to MCC Records Office

  • by mail
    MCC Records Office
    PO Box 3777
    Omaha, NE 68103
  • hand deliver to the Records office (Fort Omaha Campus, building 5). The transcript must be in a sealed college envelope.  
  • ​electronically ONLY through a third party electronic transcript provider (Parchment, Scrip-Safe, National Student Clearinghouse, etc.) to the e-mail:

The following criteria must be met for a course to transfer to MCC:

The following non-MCC courses will only be accepted if they have been taken within a specific time frame: 

  • HIMS 2400, HIMS 2420 and HIMS 2430 — Courses need to have been taken within three years of the current catalog year.
  • INFO 1001 — Course needs to have been taken within five years of the current catalog year.
  • ​ALL psychology classes older than 10 years will not be transferred due to rapid changes in research in the field of psychology.

Once evaluation is completed students are notified via MCC e-mail. Students who do not have an access to MyWay account should contact their academic advisor to review the evaluation results.

Request a re-evaluation if: (Re-evaluation request form)

  • You changed to another program of study;
  • Your transcripts were received by Records before a program was declared;  
  • You wish specific courses to be reviewed. 

International Transcript Evaluation

International transcripts must first be interpreted by the current members of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.  A course-by-course evaluation must be requested and the official report must be sent directly to Records. International transcripts that have been evaluated by a credential evaluation consultant will be reviewed using MCC's transcript evaluation guidelines/policies.

Credit for Earned Undergraduate or Graduate Degrees

The following credits are automatically awarded if a conferred Bachelor's, Master's, J.D. or Doctoral degree from an accredited American institution is noted on the transcript:
ENGL 1010 English Composition I,
ENGL 1020 English Composition II,
HMRL 1010 Human Relations Skills,

INFO 1001 Information Systems and Literacy  - (!) Information Technology program majors are required to take INFO 1001 regardless of a previous degree(s). 

Useful links:

Back to Top Back to Top