Transfer Students

Transfer from MCC to a Four-Year Institution

Articulation is a term used to describe the courses taught at Metropolitan Community College that the four-year institution will accept because the content is the same. Articulation agreements are official contracts between a four-year institution and MCC to guarantee the MCC associates degree will transfer to the four-year institution. 

Enter the Articulation website.

High School Transfer Credit

The College and partnering local high schools have formal agreements that allow students to use certain high school classes to meet MCC program requirements. Course objectives for the high school class match those of entry-level MCC classes.

High School Transfer Credit information

Transfer to MCC

Your educational goals will determine if you need to have an official transcript sent to the Records Office.

  • If you are pursuing a degree, certificate or specialist diploma at MCC, please request an official transcript to be sent to:

    Metropolitan Community College
    Attn: Records -  Bldg. 5
    P. O. Box 3777
    Omaha, NE 68103-3777

  • If you are not pursuing a degree, certificate or specialist diploma and want to register for a course(s) that require an unmet pre-requisite, an unofficial college transcript is needed. Then contact an academic advisor at 531-622-2400.

If you are looking for information regarding the transferability of a course or course(s) you may have taken at another institution, please see the course equivalency search.

Reverse Transfer Program

Any MCC student on a transfer degree track who transfers 60 or more quarter credit hours to a regionally accredited four-year institution is eligible for the reverse transfer program. Under that program, any student who completes the general education requirements for their bachelor degree program at a Nebraska state college or university and transfers their credits back to MCC with a GPA of 2.0 or higher will have met the MCC general education requirements for their declared associate's degree.

For more information, submit the Reverse Transfer Inquiry form.

Enrollment during high school

High school students may enroll in MCC courses offered to the general public. In order to enroll at the College, a student must:

  • Have a minimum of a "C" average in high school subjects.
  • Follow the enrollment policies and procedures of the College (i.e., assessment testing and prerequisite course work).
  • Discuss enrollment with a parent/legal guardian and a high school official.

To enroll, please visit our Secondary Partnerships page.