Free Drop-in Tutoring
Metropolitan Community College provides free tutoring to help strong students excel, assist struggling students in overcoming obstacles to success and to enhance every student's academic college experience.
Free drop-in assistance is offered for many academic subjects including chemistry, accounting and foreign language courses, and is available in most of MCC's Learning and Tutoring Centers.
MCC students enrolled in credit classes are encouraged to seek tutoring as often as desired. Check the schedule for tutor availability in your subject, then simply drop in during the scheduled hours to receive free assistance–no appointment necessary.
For more information about tutoring services, call:
Fort Omaha Campus: 531-MCC-2432
MCC's Math Center provides drop-in tutoring for all math courses.
MCC's Writing Center provides assistance with writing for all MCC courses.
Tutoring as an Instructional Assistant in MCC's Learning and Tutoring Centers
The College hires people who are passionate about learning and skilled at sharing their subject matter expertise to tutor students in our Learning and Tutoring Centers at Fort Omaha, South Omaha and Elkhorn Valley Campuses, Sarpy Center and Fremont Area Center.
The minimum qualifications for these rewarding part-time jobs include the following:
- Pursuit of, or possession of, an associate degree
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.25 with a minimum of 42 quarter hours (or the equivalent) of academic work
- Minimum of "B" grades in coursework related to the subject of tutorial interest
- Ability to provide documentation proving successful course completion and/or to prove subject area proficiency through review with a faculty member
- Ability to secure two (2) written recommendations from faculty members, if a current student
- Tutoring, teaching or other instructional experience preferred
- Equivalent combination of education and/or work experience considered
- Must pass a background check
For more details about tutoring as an Learning and Tutoring Center instructional assistant, check the Temporary Positions section of MCC's employment opportunity posting or call 531-MCC-2432.