Online Academic Procedures

State Authorization of Courses and Programs

MCC is an approved member of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA). States currently authorized to offer online programs and degrees as approved for reciprocity through the National Council and/or by state authorization are:  Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, District of Colombia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

MCC is in the process of seeking application for authorization in additional states and will continually update the information above. If you have questions regarding state authorization, contact Instructional Delivery at 531-622-2250.

I. Metropolitan Community College Complaint Procedures

Academic Complaints:

Appeal of a final course grade follows the Grade Appeal process found in the College Catalog. If the complaint concerns an instructor or program, contact the academic dean of the area in question.

Non-academic complaints:

The complaint should be brought to the attention of a staff member in the relevant College office. If there is no resolution, contact the staff member’s supervisor. If the student is still unsatisfied, contact the administrator in charge of the office.


Complaints of discrimination follow the process in College Procedures Memorandum, V3. Harassment, including sexual harassment and complaints of any form of harassment follow the process in College Procedures Memorandum, V2.

II. Complaint Procedures for out-of-state students 

Students are encouraged to use the process stated in number I above, before contacting the state. If out-of-state students want to contact the state of Nebraska regarding an online class, use the process noted here.

Complaints to the Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education regarding Nebraska degree-granting postsecondary institutions participating in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) may be filed at

Please note that the first step in resolving complaints is to attempt to resolve the matter directly with the involved institution under established institution complaint or grievance procedures. Generally, a person who contacts the CCPE office regarding complaints about Nebraska institutions participating in SARA will be referred to college or university officials. In the event that the institutional processes do not result in a successful resolution of a SARA complaint, CCPE is responsible for resolution of any such complaints originating at any SARA participant institution, public or private.

Questions regarding SARA activities in Nebraska can be directed to:

Kathleen L. Fimple, Ph.D.
academic programs officer
Nebraska’s Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education
P.O. Box 95005
Lincoln, NE 68509-5005