Skip to main content

Community Resources

Mental Health Resources

MCC students feeling distress or anxiety due to the pandemic can call on of the following to connect with immediate assistance:

  • Nebraska Strong Recovery Project - an outreach program working with public and private partnerships to provide community-based counseling and identify unmet needs during the current COVID-19 pandemic. Our program covers Nebraskans living in Cass, Dodge, Douglas, Sarpy, and Washington county. We are a team of crisis counselors offering free emotional support and community resource referrals to people affected by the current pandemic. Our team of crisis counselors is currently working remotely to assist impacted Nebraskans. If you or someone you know are in need of our services, please call one of our hotline numbers or visit our website to request our help:
  • SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline at 800-985-5990. This hotline provides live crisis counseling and is toll-free, multi-lingual and confidential. A text option is also available. Text “TalkWithUs” to 66746 to connect with a trained crisis counselor.
  • BoysTown Hotline is a free resource and counseling service:  800-448-3000 or Text VOICE to 20121

  • National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

  • >Women’s Center for Advancement (WCA) for individuals of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault, stalking or human trafficking 24 hour Hotline 402-346-7273

  • Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741 to connect with a Crisis Counselor.

If students need assistance finding food, paying housing bills or other essential services they can call 2-1-1 or

Additional community resources can be found at

MCC Advocacy and DSS counselors are also available to assist students that are needing assistance with problem-solving or coping as they navigate school, family life and work.  The counselors are currently providing assistance through email, phone or online using Zoom. Information on how to contact the counselor can be found on the following webpages:

Resources for Families


United Way 211 Helpline
Call: 2-1-1 or 402-444-6666
Text your zip code to 898211

NE Dept of Health & Human Services (DHHS)
Call: 402-552-6645
Hours: 8 a.m.-8 p.m., seven days a week

Iowa Department of Public Health
Call: 1-800-244-7431
Hours: 24/7

Food Pantries

Project Hope Food Pantry 6201 N. 60th St.
Omaha, NE 68104
Call for hours: 402-453-7649

St. Vincent De Paul Food Pantry
2101 Leavenworth St.
Omaha, NE 68102
Call for hours: 402-341-1689

State Farm
2504 S. 13th St.
Omaha, NE 68108
Free sack lunches from noon-2 p.m. on Tuesday, March 17 and Thursday, March 19

Food Resources for Elderly

Intercultural Senior Center
Food pantry services for adults ages 50 and older

Home Delivery
Call 402-444-6529 to request home delivery.

Pick Up
5545 Center St.
Omaha, NE 68106
Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Drive Up
5545 Center St.
Omaha, NE 68106
Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Language assistance in Spanish, English, Karen, Karenni, Nepali, Burmese and Arabic is available.

Women's Center for Advancement

Our hotline is always available 24/7 at 402-345-7273
The WCA will continue its operations through the phone or our online resources.

Immigrant Legal Center

At Immigrant Legal Center, the safety and health of clients and staff is the number one priority. Based on recommendations by the CDC and per the organizational closure policy, all Immigrant Legal Center offices are closed until further notice in response to the COVID-19 situation.
Per the policy for a closure of this type, all Immigrant Legal Center employees will work from home.

  • Attorneys will reach out to clients to reschedule appointments as necessary.
  • Attorneys will continue to attend scheduled court hearings if the courts are open.
  • All client service-related deadlines will continue to be met.
  • Those in need of immigration legal assistance can still contact NILAH (Nebraska Immigrant Legal Assistance Hotline) at 1.855.307.6730.
  • Current clients, community partners and the public can continue to reach Immigrant Legal Center staff by calling 402-898-1349 or emailing

For more information regarding legal updates as they pertain to Immigrant Legal Center, please visit the Immigrant Legal Center website.


  • MUD or OPPD Bills: Residents who fall behind on bills will not see their service cut off.
  • Residents should not worry about the quality and availability of tap water. (Water quality is checked more than 1,000 times per day.)