The goal of TRIO Services is to assist students who may be educationally or financially disadvantaged to successfully progress through their studies and to graduate.
TRIO Services is a Student Support Services program that provides opportunities for academic development, assists students with basic college requirements and serves to motivate students toward successful completion of their educational goals. The goal of TRIO Services is to increase the retention and graduation rates of its participants and facilitate the process of transfer to a four-year institution.
Who is Eligible to Participate?
Students enrolled in credit classes at Metropolitan Community College and who
- Meet U.S. Department of Education Family income guidelines
- Have an educational need
- Are first-generation college student
- Are U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Are seeking a degree, certificate, occupational specialist diploma, or be a transfer student
- Are committed to improve his/her grade point average through study and participation
- Are willing to participate in TRIO Services, such as:
- Academic Advising
- Personal Counseling
- Career Counseling
- Assessment Testing and Evaluations
- Skills-building Labs
- Group Counseling
- Academic Transfer Counseling
- Book Lending
- Have a desire and self-motivation to improve his/her academic abilities and skills