- Dell DVD Drives should play everything correctly.
- Toshiba DVD Drives will not play DVD-R 's correctly. Will play DVD+R and commercial DVD’s correctly.
- LiteOn DVD Drives will not play DVD+R 's correctly. Will play DVD-R and commercial DVD’s correctly.
- Neither drive will play "DL" DVD+R discs.
Please Note Warning - even if DVD and CD discs are made to exacting standards, none are guaranteed to work in all computer drives or desktop players.
Identification of DVD Drive Type
- LiteOn drives have the words “LiteOn DVD” and “www.liteonit.com” in black ink in the middle on the tray.
- Toshiba drives have the words “DVD Rom” in the plastic on the right side of the tray and not high-lighted in any color.
- Dell DVD drives are found only in Dell computers.