Students and staff may Click Here to access SAC's My Way Site
Fall 2015 Student Ex-Officio
Tera Kucera - BOG Student Ex-Officio
Students interested in serving on the Student Advisory Council may
click "here" to go to the online registration form.
Student Ex-Officio Member of the Board of Governors
The student Ex Officio serves on the MCC Board of Governors to enhance the flow of communication and information among students, the Board of Governors, and the college administration. This individual provides updates at the monthly board meetings regarding student interests and issues.
The Student Ex-Officio Member of the Board of Governors is elected annually for a one-year term from among the members of the newly elected College-Wide Student Advisory Council.
What are the Expectations for the Student Ex Officio Member of the Board of Governors (BOG)?
- The Student Ex-Officio is elected by the Student Advisory Council (SAC) to represent the student wide body.
- An Ex Officio member of the BOG sits with the BOG, to offer a report and participate in discussions of agenda items.
- The Student Ex-Officio must be able to attend the monthly Board of Governors meetings, which are normally held the fourth Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m., as well as special meetings and retreats.
What are the privileges of the Ex-Officio Member of the Board of Governors?
Click here to read the Privileges of an ExOfficio Member of the Board of Governors
Return to Top
What is a Student Advisory Council?
- The Student Advisory Council was established to enhance
communication between students and the College. Members are
elected in the fall to represent each MCC location. SAC also elects a
student ex-officio to attend monthly MCC Board of Governors meetings.
- Currently enrolled as a student in good standing for at least
six credit hours.
- Minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA.
- Not employed by MCC other than in a work-study capacity.
- Remain enrolled for at least six credit hours during each
quarter (excluding Summer quarter) during the term of the
Student Advisory Council.
- Attend monthly meetings
- Be available to represent fellow students.
- Help with welcome week activities each quarter.
Electronically submit a Candidate Registration form Click "here"
Review the SAC Election Timeline in MY Way Click "here"
read how to submit a candidate recommendation note Click "here"
Ask a question and Read responses about SAC Click "here"
Return to Top
last updated 8/25/2015