The Record Action Appeal may be used by a student who has had an unforeseen circumstance or life-altering event which affected their ability to complete courses.
The Appeal is not to be used to dispute grades, to voice instructor concerns or for questions regarding refund policy. Those issues are addressed at the end of this document.
The Record Action Appeal must include:
- A written statement from the student explaining the reason for the appeal. This statement must include the student's full name, MCC ID number and contact information.
- Statement must contain the resolution the student is requesting.
- Complete documentation to support the appeal request. Proof of documentation may include:
- Medical documentation from a medical professional stating how your medical condition prevented you from successfully completing your courses. This letter must be on the medical facility's letterhead and include the title and phone number of the writer of the letter.
- Obituary or funeral program
- Copy of airline ticket, if travel was required due to emergencies
- Military orders
- Official letters or other supporting documents on office letterhead, including the title and phone number of the professional writer of the letter. The letter needs to clearly state the reason why you were not able to successfully complete your courses.
Please include all information with this appeal. If supporting documents are not submitted, a decision will be rendered with the existing information provided.
The appeal may be submitted through electronic mail (email) to firstname.lastname@example.org or the United States Postal Service (USPS) to:
Metropolitan Community College
Attn: Records/Record Action Appeals
PO Box 3777
Omaha, NE 68103-0777
- Personal hardships or failure to read College published documents generally do not present justifiable reasons to support an appeal.
- Appeals are approved on a case-by-case basis.
- An appeal for an issue that is more than two years old may not be appealable.
- It is the student's responsibility to demonstrate an unanticipated or unavoidable event, which was beyond the student's control, resulting in the student's inability to complete the quarter or withdraw from courses.
- Appeals for the current quarter will not be considered until the course(s) involved are dropped.
- Appeal decisions will be made solely on supporting documentation provided.
- Final decision of the appeal will be sent to the student through the USPS. It is the student's responsibility to keep all contact information current in the College system.
If you have any questions concerning your Record Action Appeal please email them to email@example.com.