Enrollment Process For New Students
All students pay an annual registration fee of $25 upon enrollment. This fee is paid by all new and returning students prior to every winter quarter registration.
Students over 18 need to be a resident of Nebraska for at least 30 days and should hold a valid Nebraska ID.
Students under 18 years of age must have "permission to enroll" from the Nebraska Department of Education (NDE) and MCC prior to registering for GED classes. The following items should be submitted to the Adult Education office at Fort Omaha Campus, Building 9, Room 101:
- NDE Form #10-005, Withdrawal from Mandatory Attendance, http://www.education.ne.gov/ADED/pdfs/NebraskaWithdrawalFromMandatoryAttendanceForm.pdf
- A letter in the applicant's own handwriting stating the circumstances of withdrawal from the regular school program and the reason(s) for wanting to take the GED Exams
- A copy of the transcript from the last high school attended, indicating the official date of withdrawal
- Evidence that 60 days have passed since withdrawal from high school
GED ORIENTATION Schedule
The fall quarter registration has closed. Winter quarter registration begins November 8. Please contact the Adult Education office AFTER October 25 to schedule an orientation appointment. You may call the office at 402-457-2312 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Orientation Dates for Winter Quarter 2013:
Friday, Nov. 8
|8:45 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
|Friday, Nov 15
||8:45 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
|Tuesday, Nov. 19
||8:45 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
|Tuesday AND Wednesday, Nov. 19 and 20; MUST attend both sessions
||6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Please plan on arriving early and staying until all testing is completed. This takes approximately 6 hours.
GED Class Locations
GED classes are offered at various locations throughout the Omaha metro area.
Official GED Testing Information
Click here for testing dates and times.
MCC has several testing center options:
Fort Omaha Campus: Paper/pencil testing only
South Omaha Campus: Computer-based testing only
Fremont Area Center: Paper/pencil and computer-based testing
The GED test fee is $120. This is a non-refundable fee.
Test-takers have two options for completing exams:
Paper and Pencil Test
Test on Computer
- Test-takers pay the $120 test fee prior to scheduling an exam; fees are non-refundable
- Re-test fees and no-show fees still apply ($10 each exam)
- Testing fees are paid at any campus Student Services cashier window with cash, check or credit card;
- Exams are administered in the GED Testing Center, Fort Omaha Campus, Building 9; seating is limited and must be scheduled in advance
- Scheduling must be made by calling:
- Test-takers may pay per test ($24) prior to scheduling an exam; fees are non-refundable
- Re-test fees are $24 per exam
- Testing fees must be paid on-line with credit or debit card
- Exams are administered in the campus Testing Center at the South Omaha Campus or in the GED Testing center at the Fremont Area Center; seating is limited and must be scheduled in advance
- Scheduling is completed on-line
Testers must have a valid Nebraska photo ID and an active email account.
Annual GED Graduation Ceremony
GED graduation will be held on November 1, 2013. In order to participate, all GED tests must be completed on or before September 28, 2013. Detailed information will be mailed to eligible graduates.
Need a copy of your GED Transcript or Official Diploma?
Click on the links below, complete the form and mail to address listed:
GED Transcript Request Form
Duplicate GED Diploma Request Form
Adult Education/GED Office: 402-457-2312 or by email at email@example.com
Fort Omaha Campus, Building 9, Room 101