Request an item from a MCC campus library or Omaha Public Library
MCC items: You may request that a book, DVD, or other item owned by the Elkhorn Valley, Fort Omaha, or South Omaha campus libraries be sent to another campus for you to pick up. This includes the Applied Technology (ATC), Fremont and Sarpy Centers.
OPL items: You may also ask that an item owned by Omaha Public Library (OPL) be sent to a MCC campus library. Please note that you cannot request OPL items for pick up at the ATC, Fremont or Sarpy Centers.
MAKE AN ONLINE REQUEST WITHIN THE LIBRARY CATALOG
NOTE: This option is only available if you plan to pick up your material at a campus library: Elkhorn Valley, Fort Omaha, South Omaha. Do not use it if you wish to have items sent to the ATC, Fremont, or Sarpy Centers.
View a brief demonstration (1:34 min., no sound)
- Search for the item in the MCC/OPL library catalog (WebPAC)
- Click on the title, then click on Request (upper left)
- Log on to your account. If you have an OPL card you can use your OPL barcode and PIN. Otherwise, provide your MCC ID and PIN numbers:
- Precede your ID number with an M.
- Your ID number must contain 7 digits. Add leading zeroes if necessary. Example: M0001234.
- Your PIN number defaults to the last 4 digits of the telephone number you provided to MCC. It is not the same password you use to access My Way or student email. [ Don't know your PIN? ]
- Select your campus pickup location
- Click on Submit
- Be sure to log out when you are finished (link in upper right)
Allow two working days for your material to arrive from a MCC location and one week from OPL. If the item you requested is already checked out, you will be placed on a waiting list.
CONTACT A CAMPUS LIBRARY
Elkhorn Valley: 402-289-1300
Fort Omaha: 402-457-2306
South Omaha: 402-738-4506
Request an item that isn't available at MCC or Omaha Public Library
To request books or DVDs that aren't owned by MCC's campus libraries, contact a library staff member or submit an Interlibrary Loan Request Form. Allow 10 working days for your material to arrive.
You may recommend items for purchase by MCC's libraries. Contact a campus library or submit a Library Purchase Request Form. NOTE: Items needed on an immediate basis should be requested via Interlibrary Loan.