Searches Alt HealthWatch, CINAHL Plus with Full Text, Ferguson's Career Guidance Center,
Health Source-Consumer Edition, Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition,
Opposing Viewpoints, and SIRS Researcher.
Complete Database List
Databases marked with an asterisk * are provided by the Nebraska Library Commission with funding from the Nebraska State Legislature.
See also the following websites: Health & Medicine and Psychology & Mental Health.
- Alt HealthWatch (EBSCOhost) - FULL TEXT
Full text articles from more than 140 publications (journals, consumer newsletters, pamphlets, reports,etc.) dealing with complementary and alternative medicine.
- CINAHL Plus with Full Text (EBSCOhost) - CITATIONS/ABSTRACTS/FULL TEXT (1937- )
Full text from over 1,000 nursing and allied health journals plus indexing from over 3,000 more.
- Credo Reference - FULL TEXT
A selection of encyclopedias, dictionaries, and other reference books. Areas covered include medicine.
- eBook Collection (EBSCOhost) - FULL TEXT
More than 40,000 eBooks on a wide selection of topics. Many are available for checkout and offline viewing.
- EBSCOhost Electronic Journals Service (EJS) - CITATIONS/ABSTRACTS/FULL TEXT
A gateway to thousands of medical and allied health e-journals.
- Ferguson's Career Guidance Center - FULL TEXT
Comprehensive career research database.
- First Research - FULL TEXT
Industry statistics, trends, and analysis.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library (GaleNet) - Includes several medical, nursing, and allied health encyclopedias.
- Health Source - Consumer Edition (EBSCOhost) - FULL TEXT (1985- )
Full text articles from over 190 journals plus abstracts from over 205 general health, nutrition and professional health care publications.
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition (EBSCOhost) - FULL TEXT (1975- )
Full text articles from nearly 600 scholarly journals plus abstracts from nearly 850 additional journals.
- LexisNexis Academic Health & Medical Care- FULL TEXT
Includes medical & healthcare-related news, journals, law reviews, blogs, and other publications.
- MEDLINE (via PubMed) - CITATIONS/ABSTRACTS/LIMITED FULL TEXT (1950- )
A service of the National Library of Medicine, PubMed provides access to over 12 million citations from biomedical, health, and life science journals, magazines, newspapers and newsletters. Includes links to many sites providing full text articles and other related resources. Also available via LexisNexis Academic Universe.
- Mometrix eLibrary
Collection of test preparation guides including dental assisting, EMT, respiratory therapy, and nursing.
- Opposing Viewpoints - FULL TEXT
Pro/con coverage of controversial contemporary issues. Includes full text magazine and newspaper articles, topic overviews, statistics, primary documents, and links to relevant websites.
- RDS TableBase - FULL TEXT
Provides tabular data on companies, industries, products, demographics and other key business information
- ReferenceUSA - FULL TEXT
Research over 14 million U.S. businesses and 95,000 high-tech companies.
- SIRS Researcher - FULL TEXT
Thousands of full text magazine and newspaper articles exploring current events and current issues.
- *WorldCat (FirstSearch) - CITATIONS/ABSTRACTS
A library catalog describing books, DVDs, and other materials available in libraries worldwide.