David B. and Bernie Epstein Memorial Culinology Scholarship
Art Epstien, Ph.D. created this memorial scholarship in 2002 to honor his father David B. and his brother Bernie. The Epstein family were co-founders of the Peoples Produce in the Old Market and Midwest Foods in Omaha. The methods the Epstein family used in their production methods were considered some of the best of Omaha. They felt it was important that the preparation and presentation of all foods be servied for their nutritional values, and that this method of nutrition become the next standard of excellence in the foodservice industry. With the start of the Culinology degree in the Culinary Arts and Management program at MCC, in partnership with UNL and the Research Chefs Assocation, a new era in the foodservice industry emerged. Scholarship may be used for tuition, fees and academic expenses at MCC.
- Financial need may be considered but is not required
- Majoring in Culinary Arts & Management with a Culinology option
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Written recommendation required by 1 faculty or non-relative
- Citizenship not required, but must be living/working legally in the U.S.
Scholarships are usually offered during the spring and fall quarters. Scholarship availability varies depending on donor giving.