2015-2016 Nomination Deadlines:
Nominations are now being accepted for the Fall Quarter Heart of Metro Award. The Heart of Metro Award recognizes employees for outstanding contributions to the college and the community.
To recognize employees for outstanding contributions to the college and the community
Criteria for the award
- Employees may be full- or part-time
- Employees must have completed one year of employment or three quarters of teaching
- Employees are eligible for the award every three years
Employee must meet the following criteria addressed in the nomination:
- Demonstrate a positive attitude
- Lead change
- Foster an inclusive workplace
- Work smart
- Respect diversity
- Be service centered
The deadline for nominations is Tuesday, October 20, 2015. Nominations may be submitted by any employee, student or community member online at: http://www.mccneb.edu/facultyandstaff/awards/heartofmetro.
Recognize a deserving colleague today!
Type and Number of Awards
A maximum of 4 awards are presented annually; 1 award each academic quarter. A certificate and appropriate memento is awarded to each recipient.
Any employee, student, or community member may nominate a full- or part-time employee. Nominations submitted are kept as active for three consecutive quarters.
Nominations must be submitted online:
Awards are presented at a quarterly informal recognition activity.
Recent HEART OF METRO Recipients
- Spring 2009- Dave Goulda
- Summer 2010- Katie Stahlnecker
- Fall 2010- Craig Carlson
- Winter 2010- Larry Lindberg
- Spring 2011- Mary Vogt
- Summer 2011-
- Fall 2011 - Marty Martinez
- Spring 2012 - Daniel Lawse
- Summer 2012 - Shanda Clark
- Fall 2012 - Doug Pagel
- Winter 2012- Connie Kline
- Spring 2013- Bernadine Cutsor
- Summer 2013- George Vana
- Fall 2013- Tim O'Donnell
- Winter 2014- Terry Casey
- Spring 2014- Kathy Rigdon
- Summer 2014- Hans Rudin
- Fall 2014 - Sharyn Leigh
- Winter 2015 - Naomi Greelis-Mattos
- Spring 2015 - Oystein Solberg