Scholarships are provided in many forms and at various times during the year. Students applying for scholarships based on financial need must complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) as soon as possible after January 1 to qualify for maximum aid.
Any student may apply for Foundation and Private Scholarships offered through the Metropolitan Community College Foundation. Private and Foundation Scholarships are available twice each year. The deadline for scholarships beginning in the Summer Quarter is typically March 15 and the deadline for scholarships beginning in the Winter Quarter is October 15. Visit the Foundation's website for a complete list of scholarships and criteria offered by the MCC Foundation.
High school seniors can apply for the Board of Governors Graduating Senior Scholarship.
The Davis-Chambers Scholarship Program has been established to provide scholarship awards to academically talented, underrepresented racial minority students who are Nebraska residents.
MCC FOUNDATION AND PRIVATE SCHOLARSHIPS
The Metropolitan Community College Foundation's scholarship application system is available during the application availability dates. Please visit the MCC Foundation's website for dates scholarship applications are available. Students manage their own information, apply for multiple scholarships and check award status from any computer.
For foundation and private scholarship questions or accommodations, please contact Lisa Stepanek, Scholarship and Administrative Specialist.
MCC Board of Governors for Scholarship for Graduating Seniors
The Board of Governors Graduating Senior Scholarship is awarded for two years (eight consecutive quarters) and will pay for tuition charges at MCC for a maximum of 18 credits per quarter. Scholarship recipients are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, sex, religion or financial need.
- Be a graduating senior of a high school in Dodge, Douglas, Sarpy, or Washington counties or be home-schooled.
- Be a resident of one of the four counties.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale, 3.43 on a 5.0 scale or be in the top 25% of the graduating class.
Applications from students who will complete high school during the 2013-2014 school year will be accepted from December 1, 2013 through March 1, 2014.
- Complete and submit the Board of Governors Graduating Senior Scholarship electronic application at www.mccneb.edu/BOGGradSrSchol.
- Either upload a copy of your transcript and your two essays as part of the electronic application, or send them as e-mail attachments to BOGGradSrSchol@mccneb.edu.
Essay questions (maximum 200 words each):
- Explain why you are a good candidate for this scholarship.
- Select a personal experience from your own life and explain how it has influenced your decision to attend college.
For more information: (402) 457-2701
DAVIS-CHAMBERS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The Davis-Chambers Scholarship Program has been established to provide scholarship awards to academically talented, underrepresented racial minority students who are Nebraska residents. The number of scholarships and amount of each scholarship varies according to the availability of funds and the financial need of the recipient(s). Amounts awarded by this scholarship can equal the full cost of college attendance. The Davis-Chambers Scholarship is acknowledged as one of Metropolitan Community College’s most important ways of honoring outstanding Nebraska students.
Other Scholarship Sites
Free Scholarship Search Sites
Information about Scholarship Scams