Emergency Medical Services encompasses the courses and refreshers specific to the skills required when responding to medical situations of an emergency nature, for example:
- Certified Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Emergency Medical Technician - Basic (EMT-B)
- First Responder
- Prehospital Trauma LIfe Support
- Advanced Medical Life support
- Critical Care Paramedic
- Emergency Medical Technician Instructor
EMTs and Paramedics are recognized as an essential component of the continuum of care and serve as a link among health resources.
The Paramedicine program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, 1361 Park Street, Clearwater FA 33756 upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions.
Is it for you?
If you are interested in making a difference in the lives' of others, continually strive for effective communication, enjoy problem-solving, are both a self-starter AND a team player, EMS may be a perfect career choice for you!
Positions, both paid and voluntary, vary between sites.
- Associate in Applied Science - Professional Health Studies/EMT Paramedic Track
- The paramedicine program provides:
- an introduction to emergency medical care
- knowledge of EMS systems
- the roles, responsibilties and well-being of the paramedic
- medical, legal and ethical issues
- anatomyand physiology
- pathophysiology of the normal cell;
- respiratory systems
- general principles of pharmacology
- IV access and medication administration
- airway ventilation and management
- therapeutic communication
- patient assessment
- communication and documentation
- assessment and management of all medical emergencies
- pediatric and geriatric emergencies
- trauma emergencies
- ambulance operations
- incident command
- field and clinical experience
Credit Classes and Registration