Returning Students - Register for Classes
- My Services allows returning students to register for Continuing Education classes and workshops online.
- Need a username and password?
Go to Password Station.
- Already have your username and password?
You are ready to register! Simply log on to My Services.
New Students - Register for Classes
Call (402) 457-5231 or 1-800-228-9553 to register for your first class or workshop.
Registration Center Hours
- Monday - Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 7:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
For more information email: email@example.com
Continuing Education is focused on providing you with a variety of learning opportunities to build skills like using Excel and Word, learning a language, repairing your house, or writing a resume; or to provide you with personal enrichment like learning to dance, trying watercolor painting, or improving your mental and physical health. With our College for Kids program offering summer classes for 3-11 year olds, our College for Teens offering classes for teens, our hundreds of Continuing Education classes and workshops for adults, and our Lifelong Learning classes for seniors, your Continuing Education department provides the Continuing Education classes and workshops our community says it wants!
NEW Students in the College for Kids or College for Teens Program
Call Central Registration at 402-457-KIDS (5437) ASAP to set up your account before Registration begins April 2nd! This will save you time on registration day.
You asked for it! College for Teens is the result of numerous requests for a unique, fun summer program geared especially for teens, ages 12 to 15. Building on the successful College 4 Kids program, College for Teens promises opportunities to pursue new hobbies and interests through sessions you definitely won't find at school.
College 4 Teens Summer Schedule
Top of Page
Continuing Education's short Continuing Education computer classes and workshops provide a variety of computer courses ranging from Tips and Techniques for Using the Internet? and Introduction to Computers? to more advanced classes in Word and Excel. Classes are held in up-to-date computer labs at a variety of locations on and off MCC campuses. For your convenience, some classes are held in area public high schools. For more information, check out our listings of classes at www.mccneb.edu/ce/
Top of Page
Continuing Education Online Courses - Ed2Go
MCC's Continuing Education department presents online classes in cooperation with Education 2 Go. You may take these online courses in the comfort of your home or office at the times that are convenient to you. Courses begin monthly, run for six weeks and are comprised of 12 lessons that are posted to the website weekly. You may ask questions of your instructor and receive advice at any time during the course - all online.
Explore Ed2Go online classes:
Explore Ed2Go online classes at www.ed2go.com/metropolitan by clicking on the "Courses" link then clicking on the title course that you wish to review.
Enrolling involves 2 steps:
- Go to www.ed2go.com/metropolitan, click on the "Enroll Now" button, create a username and password, and follow the prompts.
- After completing step 1, call Metropolitan Community College's registration office at 402-457-5231 to register and pay for your course. You will not have access to your course until you have completed this second step and have made arrangements to pay. Questions? Call 402-457-2620.
On your first day of online class, return to the Ed2Go website, click on the "Classroom" link and then enter the username and password you have obtained. Ed2go is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Green/Renewable Energy/Sustainability Online Courses - MCC's Continuing Education Department in partnership with ProTrain is offering green/renewable energy/sustainability online training courses. These Continuing Education courses are designed to provide you with the workforce skills necessary for many in-demand green-collar occupations. These courses are accessible 24 hours a day from anywhere.
To learn more about the courses, visit http://www.theknowledgebase.org/metropolitan/
- Building Energy Efficient Level
- Building/Home Energy Analyst(HERS)
- Certified Indoor Air Quality Manager(CIAQM)
- Certified Indoor Environmentalist(CIE)
- Certified Microbial
- Fundamentals of Solar Hot Water Heating
- Green Building Sales Professional
- Green Building Technical Professional
Sustainability-Green Supply Chain Training:
- Alternative Energy Operations
- Carbon Strategies
- Certified Sustainability Professional (five courses)
- Energy-Efficient Design for Architects
- Green Building for Contractors
- Green Purchasing Fundamentals
- Green Supply Chain Professional GSCP(five courses)
- Residential Heat Load Software Training
- Senior Certified Sustainability Professional (ten courses)
- Sustainability 101
ProTrain online class tuition runs between $400 and $1200. Classes involve between 50 and 200 hours of instruction and you have between six months and one year of access to the online material. For a complete listing, visit http://www.theknowledgebase.org/metropolitan/
Call (402)-457-2620 to register.
Top of Page
Lifelong Learning is for people who see learning as a fun, life-long process. While the purpose is to provide enrichment opportunities for people who are retirement age, any adult may enroll in these classes and workshops. Individuals ages 62+ may take courses for half the listed tuition except where no discounts are indicated.
Top of Page
MCC Day Tours
Continuing Education's exciting and popular Day Tours are designed for a day's getaway. Enjoy visiting towns, special events, and points of interest throughout Nebraska and neighboring states. For more information, check out our listing of day tours below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
View Day Tours
Top of Page
We need your input!
Please take a moment to complete our brief online questionnaire — your feedback will help uscontinue to serve you and the community.