Are you in the beginning phase of job searching? Or just want to know how to manage your career? No, matter what stage you are at, know that you are in the right place. Check out the valuable career information below.
Nebraska Department of Labor (NDOL)
MCC is the first institution to partner with NDOL https://neworks.nebraska.gov . Ready to job search? Use Recruit MCC in your keyword search. Find employers who want to hire MCC students and graduates.
NEworks Account Registration Guide
NEworks Resume How To Guide
NEworks Resume Standards and Resume Examples
NEworks Occupational Profile- Are you interested in learning more about your industry or specific job? If so, the NEworks site can help you find in depth information on job duties, salary, significant points, job data, available jobs, and much more.
Use your Identifying Your Interests results to find out more information on the Career Search via Holland Code and MyNextMove.
- Discover MCC Discover your passion and the MCC majors and careers that match your talents. Discover MCC is based on the Holland Assessment. *Use Firefox or Chrome for best results.*
- www.military.com--Click on Veterans Jobs and use the Military Skills translator to convert your military experience to civilian experience. Search for veteran jobs, upload your resume, network with veterans, explore the site.
Learn about transferable skills, applications, resumes, cover letters, and thank you letters.
Transferable Skills, will not only help you in your job search, but may open doors to new areas. Learn more: Updated Spring 2013
- Job Applications
- Functional Resume- Highlights areas of skills and accomplishment. Best for new graduates, career changers, or variety of job experiences. Functional resume template.
- Chronological Resume- Highlights solid work experience. Chronological resume template.
- Combination Resume- Combines the functional and chronological into one resume. List your skills and experience first, followed by your work experience. Combination resume template.
- Cover Letters Updated 2013
- Cover Letter definition-
A cover letter is a document sent with your resume to provide additional information on your skills and experience. A cover letter typically provides detailed information on why you are qualified for the job you are applying for. Effective cover letters explain the reasons for your interest in the specific organization and identify your most relevant skills or experiences.
- Source: www.about.com
Cover Letter Resources:
Don't forget to write a Thank You letter after your interview! Thank You Letter Tips.
Learn how to dress for success and interview do's and don'ts.
Omaha Clothing Closets Updated Spring 2013
- Additional Resources
Glassdoor is the world's most transparent career community that is changing the way people find jobs, and companies recruit top talent.
Glassdoor holds a growing database of 6 million company reviews, CEO approval ratings, salary reports, interview reviews and questions, office photos and more. Add to that the latest jobs and the ability to see Inside Connections at companies via your Facebook network — no other community allows you to see which employers are hiring, what it's really like to work there and who you may know at a particular company all in one place.